How to Install a Blow-off Valve on a Yamaha SVHO
What you’re doing:
#TeamPhuckit’s instructions on how to install a Turbosmart 50mm Blow-off Valve (BOV) on a 2014 Yamaha FX-SVHO, without tapping the intake manifold, making it easy to switch back…an important consideration for those who race in a pro stock series like we do.
Other Applications: SHO, SVHO
Time: 30 mins
Difficulty: Phuckin’ Easy
What you’ll need:
- razor blade
- 1/4” brass barb tee
- 5 zip ties/hose clamps
- 1/4″ ratchet
- 7mm socket
How you do it:
1. Using a 7mm socket wrench, loosen the stainless steel hose clamps from the stock silicone intake tube.
2. Remove the stock silicone coupling.
3. Replace the stock silicone coupling with the provided aftermarket silicone coupling & BOV, securing with factory stainless steel hose clamps.
4. Locate the MAP sensor near the rear left side of the engine.
5. Remove the stock MAP sensor vacuum line clamps.
6. Using a razor blade, make small slits on either side of vacuum hose to help with removal, be ing careful not to break the MAP sensor.
7. Install 1/4” barb tee between MAP sensor and intake manifold, using 1/4” ID vacuum hose with zip ties or stainless steel hose clamps.
8. Run 1/4” ID vacuum line from the barb tee fitting you just installed to the BOV.
When you’re done…
Check to confirm that all fittings and connections are tight, and then you’re ready to start your motor and enjoy!
**After enjoying your first ride with your newly installed BOV, be sure to check all fittings one more time, as things tend to loosen when they get hot.